Personally Identifiable Information
Through your use of or visits to the Site, you may be required or requested to provide personally identifiable information to us. Personally identifiable information is any piece of information that can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, social security and tax identification numbers, and credit card or banking information.
Ambassador and Customer Information
In order to become an Ambassador or Member, you must provide biographical and con- tact information (such as name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and email address) to us. Ambassador applicants must also provide personal information such as an applicant’s Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID Number so that we may prepare and file necessary non-employee compensation forms for the IRS. Ambassadors and customers are also required to provide payment information (such as credit card, debit card, or checking account information). We use this information to maintain contact with Ambassadors and customers, to process Ambassador and customer orders, and for billing purposes.
INFORMATION USE & SHARING
Personally Identifiable Information
Girl Power Alliance DOES NOT share personally identifiable information except with contracted service providers as may be necessary to: (a) process orders and/or returns and obtain payment; (b) complete an enrollment as an Ambassador or Member; (c) maintain our genealogy database; (d) issue payment and report income to taxing authorities; (e) maintain communication with you; and (f) to assist law enforcement in an investigation, and/or (g) inform your upline Ambassadors of compliance activity in relating to your Ambassador account, or as necessary to apprise upline Ambassadors on compliance matters within their downline organization. We also provide personally identifiable information: (a) to upline Ambassador(s) as described in the Genealogy Information section; and/or (b) to list the Ambassador on the Company’s Ambassador locator feature on the Company’s website; (c) to assign a sales or enrollment lead to an Ambassador; (d) to governmental agencies as required pursuant to law.
As a peer to peer marketing company, Girl Power Alliance provides certain information to Ambassadors regarding the other Ambassadors and Customers enrolled in an Ambassador’s downline marketing organization. If you enroll as an Ambassador or Member with Girl Power Alliance, your name, address, email address, telephone number, title and sales volume information will be provided to other Ambassadors as downline genealogy information. No other personally identifiable information will be shared with other Ambassadors. Information relating to downline Ambassadors is made available to Girl Power Alliance Ambassadors subject to a confidentiality and non-solicitation covenant in the agreement that each Ambassador enters into with Girl Power Alliance. However, Girl Power Alliance does not warrant that other Ambassadors will adhere to the confidentiality and non-solicitation covenants, and Girl Power Alliance shall not be responsible for Ambassadors’ violation of these covenants.
If you make a purchase from an Ambassador’s Replicated Website, we will provide the Ambassador to whom this Site is assigned with your name, contact information, a de- scription of the item(s) purchased, and the sales volume associated with the purchase. No other personally identifiable information will be shared with the Ambassador.
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable)
Girl Power Alliance may share aggregated demographic information with our partners, vendors, suppliers, third party providers, and advertisers. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Lead Assignment and Ambassador Locator Features
Girl Power Alliance occasionally will assign prospective sales and new Ambassador leads to Ambassadors. In these cases, we will provide the lead with the appropriate Ambassador’s name and contact information and/or provide an Ambassador with the prospective lead’s name and contact information. In addition, Girl Power Alliance has an Ambassador Locator feature on its website. Pursuant to this feature, a prospective customer or new Ambassador can locate a nearby Girl Power Alliance Ambassador. In order to make the Ambassador Locator feature and the lead assignments effective, the company will provide the prospective customer or new Ambassador with the Ambassador’s name and contact information, which may include his/her telephone number, address, and/or email address.
2 Legally Required Law Enforcement, Judicial and Administrative Agency Disclosures
Girl Power Alliance will provide confidential and personally identifiable information as necessary to comply with judicial and administrative orders, subpoenas, Civil or Criminal Investigative Demands, Administrative and Regulatory demands or legal obligations. In order for Girl Power Alliance to conduct business in certain jurisdictions, Girl Power Alliance may be called upon to disclose certain personally identifiable and confidential information to regulatory authorities in those jurisdictions. Such information may include, but is not limited to, income information and personally identifiable information. We will provide such information as we deem necessary.
It may become necessary to conduct surveys of our customers or Ambassadors. Should we deem it necessary to conduct a survey, we may outsource the survey to a third party. We will provide the third party survey company with your personal information as is necessary for the third party survey company to conduct the survey and to those third parties whom we engage to review and analyze the results of the survey. We will not provide your social security number, credit card or banking information to the survey provider.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
Special Offers and Updates
Girl Power Alliance sends all new Ambassadors and Members a welcoming email and text messages. All Ambassadors and Members will occasionally receive information on the Girl Power Alliance business, products, services, special deals, and a newsletter.
On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send Ambassadors and/or Members an email. Generally, Ambassadors and Members may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
Ambassador and Customer Service
Girl Power Alliance communicates with Ambassadors and Members via email, regular mail, text message, and telephone on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their Girl Power Alliance business and products. Girl Power Alliance communicates with customers with respect to products or services purchased by such customers from Girl Power Alliance, or which customers may be interested in. Such communications may be by email, regular mail, text message or telephone. Girl Power Alliance also communicates with Ambassadors through leaving messages in Ambassadors’ Back-Offices. Text rates may apply.
Disputes not covered by this Class Action Waiver and Arbitration Agreement: To institute informal dispute process, submit a dispute notice to support@GirlPowerAlliance.com.
Any action you bring if you have properly opted-out of arbitration. You may opt- out by sending notice to support@Girl PowerAlliance.com. You must submit your opt-out notice within five days from the date of first visit to the Site.
If your claim is within the jurisdictional limits of the small claims court in which you reside, you may pursue an action in your local small claims court.
If you are an Girl Power Alliance independent Ambassador and you combine a claim that is covered by this Arbitration and Class Action Waiver with a claim to which Girl Power Alliance’s Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Policy for Ambassador disputes applies, the disputes will be combined and resolved according to Girl Power Alliance’s Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Policy contained in Girl Power Alliance’s Terms & Policies that are applicable to Girl Power Alliance independent Ambassadors.
Girl Power Alliance’s websites may contain links to or from other sites. Please be aware that Girl Power Alliance is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Girl Power Alliance websites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Pro- tection Act); we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
California Residents please see below for your privacy rights.
1. Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Girl Power Alliance col- lects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
o identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address; o personal information, such as a credit card number;
o age, gender, or other protected classifications;
o commercial information, such as purchase and content streaming activity;
o Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
o geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer; and
o professional information, for example data about your sales activities, commissions, etc
2. Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Girl Power Alliance disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Information Use and Sharing” section of the Policy about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for ex- ample if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- geolocation data, such as providing a delivery partner the location of your vehicle in order to deliver a package;
- audio or visual information, for example if a service provider creates, edits, or reviews such information as part of creation of media;
- education information, for example coursework you may undertake as part of the program; and
- professional information, for example if we provide your account details to a service provider for verification as part of enrollment or other reasons.
3. Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please send an email to support@GirlPowerAlliance.com.
4. No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Girl Power Alliance has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
5. No Discrimination. Girl Power Alliance will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.